Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Working from home?

Working from home can sound a bit overwhelming for some mothers but trust me it is not. I have been working from home since I gave birth to my twins; 2 years ago. For me it is very thrilling as it breaks my daily routine and makes me feel I am doing something for myself. It gives me the sense of accomplishment as well as helps me be more productive with the kids. It doesn’t feel right when all you do is related to the house and the babies. Sometimes you feel like a nanny although these are your own kids; you still need a break. Other times you feel like you are a housekeeper despite it being your own house.

But you will never think like that when you work from home. It helps make the entire maternity experience worthwhile. Yet it depends on the kind of work you choose; for me choosing to take my writing career seriously was the ideal option. Maybe the income is not that great, but it is more of a physiological fulfillment than a financial one. “It is better than nothing”, I say to myself. It is a nice pocket money that I have for myself. Not only am I having the luxury to be beside my kids and watch them but also I have the opportunity to build myself and utilize this time in doing something for my own career / future.

It is said that “working mums are happier than stay-at-home moms”. I know that not everyone can, but if you are one of those who decided to work (at home or outside), you need to know that you will be feeling better than you expect even if you stress yourself a bit more. With just some organization and planning, everything can fall in place and you can make the most out of both your work and motherhood…

Stay tuned for some tips of how to work from home efficiently which I will share over the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment