Friday, April 11, 2014

Easier said than done

Before I became a mother, I always used to judge mothers who leave their kids crying and screaming in the mall. “How can a mother leave her kid crying like that totally neglecting what he is doing”, “Doesn’t she know how much annoying this is to the surrounding people” this is just an example of things I used to say when I saw that scene. But guess what? I totally regret doing so earlier, I am now in those mothers’ shoes and I am the one who gets all the looks and the probably the comments. But what I didn’t know back then was that those mothers do all what it takes to make their kids quiet but kids sometimes insists on being naughty and stubborn. She might have been screaming from the inside because she can barely enjoy her long awaited outing but he is not giving her the chance to enjoy it. She is probably neglecting the screams because she wants the baby to behave and stop but he is still giving it a last chance.

I hope all the people who give me the looks would come to this realization soon because the looks kills me and the whispers I see tear me into pieces. When you give me the look or whisper about how I am dealing with my kids, you have no idea of the pressure I am taking raising a twin alone. You haven’t noticed that I am a mother of twins who is not walking across the mall not having one or two nannies to serve me but rather taking all the responsibility alone with my husband’s help. You haven’t put yourself in my shoes to think maybe I am more annoyed that you are, because I am witnessing this all week and even when I decided to go out to refresh and have fun, my kid is not allowing me to. You haven’t seen in my eyes that I have tried and still trying everything to make the crying act come to an end but it is not in my hands as you may think.

It is very easy to judge others when you are not in their situation but once you are in someone else’s shoes, the story is totally different. Just in case you are a guy or a lady who is not yet married or a woman who didn’t have kids yet, please be kind when you see such a scene. Don’t judge the mother but rather wish her luck or pray for her that God grants her the strength. At the end of the day you can easily go away and avoid the noise but she might continue the entire outing suffering. So put yourself in her shoes; have some sympathy and if you can’t then beware “it is easier said than done”.

No comments:

Post a Comment