Tuesday, March 25, 2014

The princess kissed my hand

It was not the first time today but I am really touched this time that I decided it to share it with you. I was sitting having my daughter on my lap when suddenly she decided to kiss my hand. I don’t recall what I did on that very moment to make her do it but I was beyond happy of her act. Is she grateful, does she feel my love, did she want to say “I love you”? I guess I will just enjoy it for the moment and stay uncertain till she starts to talk properly so I can ask her.

On the other hand it also made me question myself if I truly deserve it. Am I the good mother whose kids will always appreciate having? I believe this is a question that haunts me ever since I gave birth. It is more challenging for me because I have two babies not one after the other. I always have an inner assurance that I was going to be by far a better mother if it was only one kid but it is not the case so am I up to it? Am I successful giving them both the amount of love, affection, care and nurturing as if each one was born alone? Am I fair with both or I do prefer one over the other? Were they going to be happier kids having a different mom?

This can go on forever; I have many questions that will remain unanswered until they grow up and tell me how they feel. For now I will enjoy the moment of her kissing my hand; wish I could freeze time and hold her in my hug forever. I am happy that my new best friends’ Koko & Noni love me that much; i do too. When they grow old, this blog will be my gift for them to see how much I loved them and cherished every moment being their mother while I know I really didn’t deserve this double blessing. They will also see I often complain of the effort and the exhaustion but it is part of the experience and they got to share it with me =)

No comments:

Post a Comment