Monday, March 24, 2014

The nanny dilemma

When people know you will have twins, one of the very first suggestions everybody will start to tell you is “ you are going to need a nanny”. I used to hear it as much as I heard “Congratulations”. As they say “the more people push you on something, the more you start to consider it” so it was lingering in my mind. Thankfully I have an amazing supportive mother who take care of me and helped me with my babies for the first 5 months. But after those 5 months I felt that it was about time to get back to my normal life and go back to my home. She was willing to help and support for as long as I need but I was longing to experience being a mom alone with no help.

A couple of days after I went home I discovered that I need help; I called my mother and I told her “while I do need your help the most, I also want to live my stable life at my house, take care of my kids and resume normality”. After long discussions I convinced myself that it was about time to get into the nanny experience. To brief the experience, it was the most horrible one I could ever have. To make it short I got 2 nannies each stayed with me for 2 months but I got ones who don’t sleep over. I hated them; they invade your privacy big time, they interfere in your life, they listen over to your calls, and they check what you eat and what you have in the kitchen, they feel so jealous from every single breath you take.

If you can take care of your own kid(s), don’t hesitate to do it. Get someone to clean your house, ask for caterers help for food but when it comes to your kids; don’t let anyone touch them except you. No matter how much they act they love your kids, be sure they don’t. No matter how they fool you that they will treat them as theirs, beware because they are lying. If for financial reasons you can’t then seek help from grandparents or try to work as a part timer, make the nanny the very last option. When you get one, never leave her your kids alone with them. You don’t feel ok leaving your nanny with your money and gold so you better think the same when it comes to your kids "your most precious possessions". I will write a post to share some of the funny facts I encountered with them soon, stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment