Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Hello readers

My name is Diana and I am a mother of 2 years old baby twins Kareem and Nadine. No words can ever describe how I felt when I knew I was pregnant in twins. I have to be honest I felt more scared than happy. I thought that my first maternity journey will be double the hassle and the effort. I was too overwhelmed that I came down from the Doctor, rode the car with my husband without uttering a single word till we reached home. The first comment I recall saying was “Don’t tell anyone now” as if I was shy or I was not ready to face the world with this piece of news.

As challenging as it sounds, it can be manageable if you have the patience and some tips that make your life easier. It took me quite a long time to figure out that having a twin is fun not only a burden. Choosing not to have a nanny help and being away from my home country made it even more challenging to accommodate the kids. Many times I would burst into tears or just get so crazy or angry. But lately I discovered that it is all in my hands; I am the one who control this whole experience; I can make it fun or I can just keep complaining. I am not saying it is easy, I am not saying it is simple but it can definitely get a lot better if you have more positive attitude.

It is very thrilling that I finally have a place to share all my thoughts, my experience, my tips about how tough and challenging it is to raise twin babies yet how you can make it more fun. I have many things that I am sure will be of great help to any twin mother or even a single baby mother that I will start publishing soon. Initially I was hesitant about the blogging idea since I don't want to get myself distracted from the kids but after thinking thoroughly about it, I feel it is going to be fun and more helpful even to me.

This blog will be a great “venting out” place for both my motherly tips as well as my passion for writing. As of now I just wish that you enjoy the readings as much as I am thrilled about writing them.

I will leave you with this quote which summarizes my 2 years experience “Motherhood is difficult but rewarding”…

No comments:

Post a Comment