Sunday, March 23, 2014

Some facts need to be established

Once you give birth you are starting a new selfless phase of your life. Your life no longer revolves around you but rather on your new guest “guests in my own case”. Whether you accept it or not, all your needs become less urgent priority that comes after anything your kids want even if this includes a diaper change. Taking a shower is no longer a necessity for you; it will eventually become a luxury as your days go by. Now that my kids are two years old taking a shower is nearly the only me time I enjoy in a given a day if at all.

Resting is not an option; not to mention a working mum which is more challenging. You wake up every day with endless to do list for your babies, in addition to the never ending dishes, laundry and having to prepare nutritious healthy food. By the time your kids are in bed and you are about to celebrate being alone quietly at home, you discover that you have no energy for that whatsoever and the only thing you can enjoy is a peaceful night’s sleep that ends up hearing your babies crying the very next morning. Wow, the night has passed so fast and I am going to start all over again; my famous statement every morning.

But no matter how tired you are, try to find some time for yourself on a daily basis. It is a healthy practice that will help you be more productive with your kids and entertain them even more because you don’t have this feeling of being overly abused. I learnt to decrease my sleeping hours in order to enjoy some time for me and my writing every day. Ever since I did that I believe my mood is better and I strive to do my best with the kids and with my writing where both makes me a happy satisfied mother. It is a highly correlated relationship, a win-win situation where all involved parties are advantaged. Try it and tell me your thoughts… Less rest, more time for yourself. Less sleep, more quality time. Less distraction, more peace. Enjoy it <3

No comments:

Post a Comment